Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Winter’s patient wait

I wandered in the woods today

Until my thoughts slowed down
Until my ears felt frozen
Until my heart was at peace

I wandered in the woods today
Until my spirit demanded that, I stop

I sat on a rock today and looked……

At crisp blues and blinding whites
That filtered through the canopy
Mildly warming me
In a patch work of sunlight

I leaned on a tree today and heard…..

The mournful sigh
Of gentle winds as they
Navigated through pine boughs
Passing me,
On an endless migration

I relaxed in the leaves today and felt….

The melancholy silence
Found in a bright winters day
That hangs on our hearts
And Insulates us
As we lament autumn’s passing

I looked around me today and breathed…..

In the sent of patience
As it sits and waits
In a cocoon of dormancy
Its presence only revealed
In the unnoticed twirl
Of a leaf
Drifting to the ground
To wait
For Spring

2 Comments:

At November 22, 2005 at 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this! I can imagine what it would be like sitting on that rock with you, looking up at the sky. Very nice!
I love you,
Red

 
At November 22, 2005 at 5:35 PM, Blogger isaiah said...

Very beautiful. There's nothing like a walk in the woods to lose one's self.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home